Top 5 Frameworks to Choose for Progressive Web App Development
Reshares and Likes
The rise of progressive web app development has been tremendous in the last few years. A PWA is a web app that feels just like a native app to the users. This app not only allows you to earn new users but also retain them for long. In 2015, Frances Berriman (designer) and Alex Russell (Google Chrome Engineer) coined the term progressive web applications. Initially, it was not quite popular but gradually its demand jumped higher. The reasons were:
- You do not need to download them.
- Do not require regular updates.
- It can work on a slow internet connection.
What is a Progressive Web Application Development?
It makes use of sophisticated web abilities for delivering a native-like experience. These applications demand particular requirements to be deployed to the web servers and remain accessible via URLs (HTTPS protocol).
How does a Progressive Web App Development Company Make a Difference?
Responsive – it makes it work for each factor to fit in the screen of a tablet, mobile, desktop, or the ones coming in the future. Progressive – progressive web developers work it for every user irrespective of browser choice (as it is built using progressive enhancement). Native app-like – app-shell model is used to offer app-style interactions and navigation. Connectivity-independent – with the help of service workers, PWA can work on low networks and offline. Updated – it is always updated with the help of the service worker update process. Linkable – one can share it through a URL without an installation process. Re-engageable – re-engagement is simple via features like push notifications. Secure – served through HTTPS, these apps are secure. No snooping and hard to be tampered with.
Best Framework for the Progressive Web App Development
- It has an extensive ecosystem and libraries.
- Progressive web apps are higher in scalability and flexibility than other frameworks.
- Virtual DOM offers quick rendering.
- It has the largest community with real-time assistance.
- If we compare it with AngularJS, it has a moderate learning curve.
- High flexibility creates issues at times.
- It does not come with proper documentation.
- The implementation methodology is not clear.
- Due to JSX, it is difficult to migrate from AngularJS
With the help of a progressive web app development company, you can own a highly scalable and flexible PWA despite a few ReactJS pitfalls. 2. Vue Vue is a newer platform than React and Angular. It is gaining wide popularity as it comes with additional packages like ReactJS. It is quite helpful for scaling up your progressive web app development process. The reason is that it comes with simplistic coding and high-speed rendering. It also features the fastest-growing libraries.
- With simplistic code, it enables the developer with easy learning.
- Big names like Alibaba and Laravel support the Vue framework
- The framework is easy to use and its concepts resemble React and Angular.
- Its support community is tiny as it is owned by a single person (not a company).
- Flexibility is an advantage but it creates issues too.
Ionic is a primary choice of every PWA development company. It was introduced in 2013 as an open-source SDK. It is based on Apache Cordova and Angular Framework. 5+ million hybrid applications have been developed using this framework. The developers build web pages that run inside the device’s browser with the help of a WebView. It is called progressive web app development as you see web pages resembling a native application.
- A shorter and easier learning curve as anyone can use it who is familiar with Angular and web technologies.
- It reduces development costs due to being open-source. Inbuilt browsers instruments and debugging tools lead to easy maintenance.
- It has a large community of active users with its popularity for Hybrid application development.
- To access APIs without the help of coding, it has a large plug-in library.
- Regular updates demand reworking on the existing application for reflecting the latest changes.
- The well-defined methodology helps in easy implementation.
- Includes Typescript and IntelliSense.
- The learning curve has been shortened with the addition of CLI.
- Google’s support enhances authenticity.
- Typescript is extra learning to use it.
- It is a bit complex.
Google developed this wonderful open-source framework. Polymer comes with a wide range of templates, tools, and web components tools. This simplifies the development process for a progressive web app development company. It makes use of pure CSS/HTML/JS. It makes it an independent framework for PWA development
- A long list of components such as web components that go well with various browsers.
- Easy to comprehend API.
- A complete web app stack support covering routing, data tier, and responsive layouts.
- Documentation is superb as it covers varied progressive web app development phases.
- Browser embedded tools of development remove the extra need of debugging tools.
- An official IDE (Integrated Development Environment) is not available.
- Server-side rendering is not available that leads to increasing HTTP requests, low SEO-friendliness, and high reloading time.
This Google-developed framework is a leading choice of almost every PWA development company. It measures a website on the varied ground and lists the factors that you should keep in mind to make your website PWA ready. It conducts a thorough analysis of digital offerings and provides you the best features to deploy for progressive web apps.
The decision is up to you which framework will you choose for your progressive web app. If you want to take this decision with the expertise and skills of developers, the Ads n Url team is ready to help. We have the best app developers who have worked on a number of cross-platform mobile applications. Your best team is all ears to hear your app idea and turn it into reality.